Saturday, March 24, 2012

Do What You Love

Today, I have another altered box to share.  The box is from AC Moore and I gave it a coat of white paint.  I then covered it in paper from Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue line.  The only problem was I had a very difficult time getting the lid on and then it wouldn't come off easily.  I was afraid to force it and end up ripping the paper, so it is now an unusable box but makes a nice decoration.  Lace from Joann Fabrics was attached around the lid.  A Martha Stewart adhesive diecut was adhered to the top of the lid as well as buttons from Joann's.  I love the Making Memories metal tag that is on top of the buttons.  Prima flowers, Webster's sparkler button, seam binding ribbon, twine and a tag stamped with a PTI sentiment were layered together.  A little butterfly and glitter finished it off.






I used my Martha Stewart frond punch to fill in some areas on top of the box as you can see in the photo above.

I also made a matching card using the Webster paper and rose and pearl sparklers.  Flower is Prima.  Stamp is from PTI.  Double row of pearls is Recollections.


Have a wonderful weekend!  I'm off to meet some friends for lunch.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, what beautiful projects, Patty! You know I'm loving those Webster's goodies! Such pretty colors and amazing details. Love the flowers and the fronds, and I absolutely adore the coat of glitter. Such vintage beauties!
    Hope you enjoy your lunch out today. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your altered box and the matching card is just as lovely. It was great seeing you, Pat. Did you check out the new dollar tree near Giant? it has some nice butterfly embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wauw lovely box and card you have made ..i like the colors and tiny sweet details....cool job!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your altered box! Sweet embellies with beautiful glitter! Your matching card is stunning, also! I will have to try and decorate a box some time! You are giving me great inspiration, thank you! Take care, hugs!!:-))

    ReplyDelete