Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Tag and a Challenge

There is something about vintage-style tags that I absolutely love!  Here is my take on one.


I used a kraft cardstock tag and covered it with MME paper.  With foam squares, I attached a Colorbok die-cut doily from the Victorian Parlour line.  Believe it or not, I cut out the image of the little girl from a newspaper insert advertising some product.  The photo was outlined with Liquid Pearls.  Part of the advertisement was printed on the upper right corner of the photo, so I just covered it up with the little aqua flower from Recollections.  The rope-type flowers at the bottom came from the bargin bin at Joann Fabrics.  I just added some Recollections aqua colored pearls to their centers.  A double strip of Recollections pearls was attached to the top of the MME paper.  I used some Wrights bias tape for the bow.  I like how the unfinished edge of the tape gives it a shabby look.  A glittered button, piece of hemp and a Recollections charm finishes it off. 

Debbie at Simple Treasures is having a challenge on her blog, and I plan to enter it there.  I really enjoyed making this tag and will definitely be creating more.  I have an Easter card to share later this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful, Patty! I just love vintage tags, too. You did a fabulous job with this one. Love that kraft base and the pretty paper and flowers. The seam binding bow just screams vintage to me. And I cannot believe you found that beautiful image in the newspaper. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage tag Patty with great flowers and ty.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Patty! I love all the yummy vintage embellies you've added to your tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECT vintage style....love that little girl and your big bow. Happy Easter Patty!

    ReplyDelete