Sunday, June 3, 2012

Can You Guess What This Is?

After our Mother's Day tea outing, I spent some time looking at the beautiful items in the gift shop at Amelia's Tea House.  I spotted these beautiful items but didn't know what they were for at first glance.


The smaller doilies also came in a mauve color.  They were stacked on a tiered serving piece.  Then I saw them on a display table set for tea.


OK, did you figure this out by the first photo?  Well, the ornate top is padded satin and decorated beautifully.  It keeps your cup of tea warm.  And the small lace doilies are to set your teacup on.  Here's a closer look at the top.


Being the only female in the house, I tend to gravitate to these goregous type of items!  Now, I can have my tea in style!

Here are all the moms and daughters outside of Amelia's.

And just when you probably thought I was finished with tags, here are three more.  The first tag was made with Basic Grey paper, Prima flowers, Doodlebug trim, Michael's rhinestones and K&Co butterfly.  The middle tag was made with K&Co Wild Raspberry paper and adhesive gems and a Martha Stewart doily accented with Liquid Pearls in Buttercup.  The leaves were stamped in Ranger Distress Ink in Forest Moss using a Martha Stewart stamp and punch set.  The last tag was made all with K&Co Wild Raspberry paper, borders, chipboard and layered accents.

Once again, thank you so much to those who stop by and leave a comment.  It's nice to know that someone does read this blog!  lol  Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, no.....I didn't guess what the doilies were for. :) How fun your outing was. Love the photo of you and your family. And your tag set is beautiful. You really rock the tags, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what doilies were for either! What a great idea...how fun! Your tags are gorgeous!!! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tea doilies are pretty. I have never seen anything like that! Your tags are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh me tooo Patty...only girl in the house. I think that is why I crave creating with girly stuff so much. I love the tea doilies...I hve never seen them for tea cups to keep the tea warm! Gorgeous tags...they are so fun to make cherry

    ReplyDelete