Sunday, July 14, 2013

Birdhouse Tag

We have had so much rain this week, I thought we were going to have to build an ark!  Now, we're getting ready for a week of high temperatures and humidity.  Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Yesterday, I rescued a baby bird from our window well.  I kept hearing loud chirping and discovered the little thing in the well.  The momma bird was walking around nearby.  I got a shovel and scooped the baby out of the well.  It could only fly a few inches off the ground.  When I saw the momma and baby last, they were headed toward a bush.

Anyway, the tag I'm sharing today reminds me of the sweet birds.  I started with a kraft tag  that I had to cut part of the bottom off because of a mistake.  I covered it with K&Co paper after inking the edges.  Onto that, I put a piece of lace trim and a Wilton doily.  The flowers and leaves were in my stash.  Love my Martha Stewart frond punch and tucked in a few around the flowers.  The pearl flower swirl is from Basic Grey.  The little bird, which has a generous coating of Martha Stewart glitter, as well as the birdhouse are from Recollections.


The tag was finished with a piece of twill, Prima trim and an unknown trim.  The leaves were a bit bright, so I toned them down some with chalk ink.  (You can click on the photos for a closer view.)


A couple of people have said they don't know what to do with the tags.  I like to use mine for decoration.  I tuck them in a basket, put one on a pile of books, or displayed on a small easel.  And I rotate them for the seasons.

Well, that's it for me today.  My husband and son just left for a guy's night out, so I'm going to sit back and relax with my dog.  Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I do appreciate your sweet comments.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag! Very elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so lovely! you do great tags.. and I am sure you could find many more uses for tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the most beautiful tags, Patty! I LOVE all the soft, delicate touches to this one. Such pretty paper and lace trim. LOVE the glittered bird and all the flowers!
    And you are sooo sweet to rescue the baby bird! Smart to use your shovel so that you didn't get the scent of your hand on it....momma would usually abandon the baby if that were to happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that tag is truly gorgeous! I love the elegant flowers and the lovely touch of glitter.
    I also loved reading what you do with your tags. I usually send mine just as if they were cards. My Tim Holtz tag die fits exactly inside an envelope, so I just write a message on the backside and then send them off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous tag! You are a pro at making tags for they are always so beautiful! Love the bird house and glittery bird, so pretty! Love the background and flowers, too! How sweet of you to rescue the bird! I did read that it's OK to touch a bird. The little cardinal that my husband handled is about two months old. So, I hope all is well with her. We see them(cardinal family) almost daily. So, I'll let ya know!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Patty...what a gorgeous tag!! Love, love it!!!x

    ReplyDelete