Sunday, September 28, 2014

Celebrate with An Eerie Tale

Have you seen Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale collection?  The papers are beautiful and versatile.  They are perfect for fussy cutting and can also be used for non-Halloween projects.  Needing a birthday card for a co-worker, I used these papers to create this card.


I used both sides of an 8x8 sheet of paper to make the background and panels.  A Martha Stewart punch was used to make a scallop edge which I accented with Recollections rhinestones.  I cut a border strip from another sheet of paper to put above the panels and added a piece of Doodlebug lace across the bottom of the panels.  Flowers are Prima and accented with vintage buttons.  Leaves are Recollections.  Sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  A double bow of twine finished it off.


As you can see, this card is not for Halloween.  I was surprised how much I liked the button centers, especially the dark ones.

We had a wedding to attend yesterday, and it was beautiful.  Perfect weather, wonderful food, and a wonderful time was had.  It was a long day, though, and this girl is very tired today!  Now, I have to go and play catch up on things I didn't get done yesterday as it's back to work tomorrow.  Have a wonderful week.  Thanks so much for stopping by and the kind comments you leave.


5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card I am sure will bring sunshine to the receiver! And enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, this is gorgeous, Patty! I love the color combo here, and what a beautiful design! The flowers with the buttons centers are fabulous. Love the big yellow bow and lace trim, too. And the paper split design is really eye catching. I just got my hands on this collection, too. Bravo for showcasing it's versatility!
    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I enjoyed seeing some of the wedding photos on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Patty! Love the beautiful blossoms and mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, paper, and gorgeous lace! It looks so classy and very pretty! Have a great weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card you have made Patty.

    ReplyDelete