Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Tags 2014

Hi friends!  It's getting much closer to the holidays now and I'm trying to finish my craft projects for Christmas.  I just got back from a short visit to Cape May, NJ, to see their annual Victorian Christmas celebration.  I picked up some darling ornaments to add to our tree.  We stay at a lovely bed and breakfast called "The Gingerbread House"--how appropriate for this time of year!

Anyway, today I have a couple of Christmas tags I made for a recent swap.  We had to make five for the exchange, so here are a couple I made.


This first one started with a kraft tag base inked with Ingvild Bolme white chalk ink.  A layer of red Christmas paper came next.  The Melissa Frances sticker was placed on a piece of corrugated cardboard that was given a coat of Golden's Pear Mica Flake and then adhered to the tag.  The pine branches were made with a McGill punch.  A bit of lace, hemp, vintage button and seam binding finished it off.


My next tag came together very quickly.  I started with a kraft tag base layered with a piece of Christmas paper from My Mind's Eye that I've had for years (I absolutely love that stack!).  I purchased two packs of holiday stickers from Jolee's and combined them on this tag.  See the little pinecones, star and ornament hanging from the bows in the background?  They are stickers also.  A piece of burlap ribbon was tied to the top.  Very easy!


Well, that's it for today.  I need to get back to some cardmaking if I expect to have enough done for Christmas!  I'll have a couple more of the tags to share next.  Thank you so much for stopping by and the very sweet comments you leave.  I appreciate you!

9 comments:

  1. So very pretty Patty! Love the fancy trimming on the first and all the doo dads on the second! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and so much detail on them.Always nice to have a little weekend trip away, especially to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous tags Patty, and have a wonderful holiday.. and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute tags, Patty! Love the vintage style to them both, and love all the detail! The vintage child image is so sweet. Love the bit of corrugated cardboard and love the pine boughs punched in white. The little tree is very sweet, too, and I really love the pinecones you added. Adorable!
    So glad you had a great time on your getaway! What a lovely tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty, these are just so detailed tags and just gorgeous I must say...lovely pinecones too...xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}
    [your newest follower.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your tags are spectacular!!! Wonderful vintage detail with amazing textures and trims...super lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I love all those tiny details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous tags Patty!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
    ♥ Hugs, Inger

    ReplyDelete