Sunday, December 28, 2014

Joy

Christmas has come and gone with the new year fast approaching.  We had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying this time off from work.  I was so happy to receive some new dies and stamps as gifts and can't wait to use them.

Today, I have a couple more Christmas-theme cards to share.  Both have the Joy sentiment but are totally different.  If you click on each photo, you can see the details better.


Once again, I have used my favorite holiday paper collection from My Mind's Eye.  It is several years old but I love it.  The paper already has some glittered accents on it, so I simply added a few snowflake stickers from Martha Stewart.  The Tim Holtz reindeer diecut was given a coat of Recollections glitter.  The pennant was covered with a piece of lacy ribbon and accented with a Recollections snowflake and flowers.  One of the die sets I received were the beautiful skeleton leaves from Prima.  I gave two of them a coating of Martha Stewart glitter and tucked them into the flowers.  The word "joy" was made from a Tim Holtz die (another gift!) and coated with the same glitter as the leaves.

Not stopping there, I decided to use my Tim Holtz matchbox die and create a box to go with the card.


I decorated the inside with an added surprise.  The pine branch on the box lid was made with a McGill punch.



The next Joy card again used the MME paper as a background.  The snowflake doily is from Recollections.  I placed a Melissa Frances sticker onto a kraft banner, highlighted it in Gold Stickles, and used a stencil and modeling paste for the dots.  A hemp and ribbon bow, bells and Recollections snowflake add the finishing touches.



The last few days before Christmas was a papercrafting frenzy for me.  I really need to learn from that and start creating my holiday cards/tags much sooner!  Let me take the time now to wish you a very happy and healthy new year.  I do appreciate each and everyone who stops by here and for the sweet comments you leave.  See you in the new year!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your cards all look truly gorgeous! I love them so much!
    Thank you so much for the sweet comments that you've left me throughout this year. I wish you a very happy and creative 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at all the little details you put in your cards without them looking overly "fussy". Those skeleton leaves remind me of angel wings! Sweet little gift box you made to accompany the card too. I like your bow treatment at the top of the second card and the doily under the banner. Nice that you got to play with your new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little creations are so cute and really beautiful too.. and yes December is quickly coming to en end and the new year is just around the corner.. I wish you a very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your creations, Patty! I see my stunning holiday card here! Thank you SO much! I am smitten with these papers and I adore the doily and bells and banner. Your little matchbox is SO pretty! And LOVE that Tim reindeer! ( I need to get that die! )
    Gorgeous! Wishing you a VERY happy new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patty! What a fabulous collection of projects! Fantastic mix of papers and die cuts! Love your attention to detail! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Patty, your cards are beautiful! Happy new year and thank you for being my friend in this blogging world! I truly appreciate you taking the time to visit my little blog and leave me comments. May 2015 be good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautifully detailed, Patty! I love the reindeer! Hoping "2015" will be a year full of many beautiful crafty creations and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish you a happy new year Patty..This is so cool what you made i love it!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous Patty!! Love the reindeer!
    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete