Sunday, August 2, 2015

Flat Cards - Part 2

Hi everyone and Happy August!  This month pretty much is the wind down of summer; and since I'm a fall/winter person, I can't say I'm sad.  One nice thing for me in August is that it is my birthday, which tends to get spread out through the whole month!

Anyway, today, I have a few more of the flat (or almost flat) cards I made at a friend's request to share.


Once again, I used a Julie Nutting doll stamp, paper piecing and colored with Copics on this card and the one below.  I used vellum frames and dimensional stickers from K&Co.  Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


I also used some Liquid Pearl accents on each card.


The card above was fun to make using an older set of Papertrey Ink stamps and then adding the vellum frame and diecut sticker.

What have you been making these days?  I have been busy making a lot of tags for a swap that I'm in, and it has been so much fun.  I have received some beautiful tags in return.  It is enjoyable to see the details of others' work in person.

Well, that's all for me today.  I have an extra short work week this week as I'm taking a bit of time to enjoy my birthday and relax.  It's been an extremely stressful time for me lately, so I'm looking forward to the diversion.  Thanks so much for stopping by and the sweet comments you leave.  Have a wonderful week and enjoy every minute!

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are SO pretty! I think you do flat really well, because the cards still look really beautiful and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so very pretty with lovely details! The Julie Nutting dolls are colored perfectly! Wishing you a super fun happy birthday with lots of relaxation...enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful! I try to make my cards fairly flat for better postage.. Love the pretty details! And I hope your week ahead is just want you want it to be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Patty! I celebrate my birthday in August too which makes us both Leo's! Your flat cards are very pretty. Love the sparkle on your flowers and the vellum frames. Enjoy your special month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday Patty. I'm the same as you, I prefer spring and autumn over summer, summer is hot and sticky and being outside is not comfortable! our cards are all just stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Patty! What a wonderful collection of projects! Those images are so sweet! Love all the liquid pearl detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy, happy birthday sweet Patty! I hope you have an amazing day and year! LOVE your sweet birthday cards! So fun what you've been doing with those Julie Nutting dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another beautiful card from you Patty ♥

    ReplyDelete