Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tag Within a Tag

Hi friends!  It's a so-so day here--overcast.  I'm making a small turkey breast for dinner today; so before I begin that, I thought I'd pop in for my weekly blog post.

Today's tag within a tag was made with the new Vintage Glam collection from Recollections.  Love the kraft color mixed with doilies and sparkles.


The tag was cut from a cereal box to give it extra support and then both sides were covered with Vintage Glam papers.  I made a pocket on the front from another sheet and edged the top of it with glittered trim.  I placed a Wilton doily onto the tag and a pretty rose button from Tim Holtz at the top.  A cluster of Recollection flowers highlighted with Inka Gold and a glittered twine bow was placed in the lower right corner.


The smaller tag is a premade burlap tag from the collection.  I simply decorated it with a burlap and linen flower and gold-tipped leaves (also part of the collection).  A piece of lace trim was placed at the top.  I forgot to photograph the back, but it was covered with a sheet of diagonal silver glittered stripe paper.


This is really quite a pretty collection.  Of course, I am drawn to anything that sparkles!  I've made several projects with this collection so far.


Before I sign off today, I thought I'd share a photo from our annual Fall visit to a local orchard last week with my dear sister-in-law Anabelle and her son.  Unfortunately, my son hadn't arrived yet, so he isn't in this photo.  Thank you so much for stopping by and all the kind comments you leave.  I wish everyone a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks gorgeous....so gorgeous! I really love the elegant feel to your tag and the beautiful gold accents.
    That photo is so pretty too! It looks like you've had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the gold - those papers look beautiful! Looks like you had great weather for your outing last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty: Great pic in the pumpkin patch. The tag is very pretty, and neat idea to put a "tag within a tag"! Nice papers.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo of the three of you in the pumpkin patch Patty! Your tags are beautiful! Love the fancy lace and beautiful blossom! The gold shimmer adds a nice touch of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty tag, love kraft and lace and the doiley... And lovely photo too! I hope your Turkey was yummy! Have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a gorgeous tag, Patty! I love that paper and love the rustic look of the burlap mixed with the elegance of the gold and doily. Such a stunning, shabby chic look! And what a great idea to add the pocket at the bottom. Loving your tag on a tag design!
    And love your sweet pumpkin patch photo! What a fabulous family tradition you guys have going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace looks so pretty next to the burlap and the touches of gold are a nice elegant touch.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunnig tag cool layers lovely photo..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely tag with all the pretty trims and flower! And, the fall photo with your sis-in-law and son is so awesome in the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete