Sunday, October 16, 2016

Halloween Cards

Hi everyone!  Let me begin by saying I am not really a fan of Halloween.  However, I do have occasions when I need a card in that theme.  A co-worker of mine loves Halloween and anything related to it year round.  Her birthday was in July and this is the card I made for it.


Mostly everything used on this card has been in my stash for quite awhile.  I'm not sure where the pattern paper came from as it was just a scrap I had left.  I simply layered in onto white cardstock and then onto the black card base.  The flowers are Prima that have been spritzed with various Glimmer Mists.  The skeleton sticker is from Jolee.  I then made a bow with stripe ribbon and twine and accented it with a Recollections rhinestone.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Next up is a card featuring a My Besties stamped image called Cats Meow.  I colored it with Copic markers and highlighted with Stickles.  The pumpkin brad on her shirt is from Queen & Co.  I used a Tim Holtz Stitched Oval die to frame the image.  Again, the pattern paper was a scrap from my stash that I adhered to a black cardstock base.  The decorative Steampunk Corners are from Cheery Lynn Designs.


Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  Thank you so much for stopping by and the sweet comments you leave.  Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

14 comments:

  1. They are both such awesome cards! You do Halloween cards really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Halloween and Thanksgiving and anything with a fall feeling and your cards are just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card Halloween is beautiful ! Hugs-Gosia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not into Halloween but your cards look fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a Halloween person either but I love this card! The second one is awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhhhhdorable, Patty! Love these both! How fun that you made a Halloween themed birthday card for your coworker! I think layering the skeleton onto that big flower was such a fabulous idea. Took me a minute to see the skeleton, and then it was such a fun surprise! Love your little Halloween girl, too. Great papers and love the fancy corners. The little pumpkin brad was a super great addition to her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Patty! I'm not much of a Halloween fan either ;) When my children were young, it was fun to see them dress up. I do have a fun Halloween village but I don't even set it up anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first Halloween card is so much fun and your Bestie card is so adorable and beautifully coloured.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patty!! Just stopped in to say thank you for the warm welcome back comment, you are so sweet. I hope you had a wonderful month! Your cards are just wonderful, I actually really adore your Halloween one. It's great to be back, see you again soon. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are wonderful! For not liking Halloween too much you made a great card for your friend! Love them patty O' Marley! ( my daughters family married name! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so fun and sweet Patty!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Hugs, Inger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too: I am not a fan of Halloween but I like your card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Halloween cards! I had to look closely at the skeleton sticker! It's a perfect card for your friend who loves Halloween! Your second card with the image is so cute and whimsical with wonderful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete