Sunday, July 16, 2017

Playing with ATCs

Recently, I felt like trying a little something out of my comfort zone so decided to make some artist trading cards.  I have tried these small art projects before.  For my cards that I'm sharing today, I decided to make each one totally different.


First up is perhaps my favorite of the three I am sharing today.  I used paper from Prima for the background and lace trim from Tim Holtz.  I used two paper doll images also from Tim Holtz.  The tiny white flowers are Tim's as well.  The bottle cap was made by cutting a clock from the Prima paper and covering it with a clear epoxy sticker from Bead Landings.  A small metal bracket from my stash was placed in the lower right corner.


Next is a shabby chic inspired ATC using paper from Melissa Frances.  The flowers and butterfly are Recollections except for the tiny white Tim Holtz flowers on the right.  All other items are from my stash.  While shabby chic projects are my favorite thing to make, I struggled most with this ATC for some reason.

My last ATC was done on a stitched canvas-type fabric.  I placed some eyelet lace trim on the left side and layered some Petaloo flowers on top.  The tiny burlap flower, butterfly and leaves are from Recollections.


And there you have it--three different ATCs that were a lot of fun to make.  I really enjoyed the process.  Here you have the three ATCs side by side.  ATC information is stamped on the back of each but I forgot to take a picture of that.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend!  I hope the week ahead is a wonderful one for all.  I'm having some car trouble so we'll see what happens there!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I am so happy to see your sweet comments as well.

10 comments:

  1. I just love the fact that you pushed yourself outside your comfortzone. All of your ATCs are looking truly amazing! I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATCs, Patty! Love all the vintage goodies that you incorporated! I just love the clock on the first one! Gorgeous frame on second one and lovely flowers and trims on the third! I hope your car troubles resolve very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are magnificent in their own right Patty with different supplies, themes and styles. I love them all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Patty! Love the tiny format of the ATC's, and I do think it's fun to try something new every once in awhile. Beautiful combos of trims and flowers here, and I adore the scene you made with the paper dolls. That bottle cap clock is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S..... Hope your car troubles end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little creations, each one looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful ATC's that I'm sure anyone would love to receive. You capture Vintage in such a beautiful way.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great variety in your trio of ATCs. I love the vintage clock - fabulous with the bottle-cap frame, and great use of the paper dolls. The shabby chic framed butterfly is also very sweet, but I think my favourite is probably the third one with the lovely fabric textures and great dimension.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, ATCs! I love seeing the image of all three of them together. It really shows the wonderful range of style you have in your crafting. The super vintage, the shabby chic and the ultra feminine! They turned out brilliantly! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete