Sunday, July 30, 2017

Wonderful Tag

Hello friends.  I wasn't sure what to call this post.  I don't want anyone to think I'm saying this tag is wonderful by the blog post title.  I'm just going by the wooden word diecut used on the tag.  lol


Beginning with a tag shape cut from a cereal box, I covered both sides in pattern paper and then began to layer various lace shapes and trims.  A vintage image placed in a chipboard frame takes center stage.  It is surrounded by an assortment of flowers, leaves, and pink gem accents.  A wooden clock is also tucked into the mix.  You can see the "Wonderful" wooden piece at the bottom of the tag.  A seam binding bow is tied to the top.


I love making tags.  I think it is my most favorite crafty item to make.  My supply of tags, though, needs to be replenished!

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and for your sweet comments.  Today is one of those rare summer days that is a bit cooler and no humidity, so I need to take advantage of it and spend some time outdoors.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful in every way Patty, a gorgeous shabby vintage tag put together beautifully. Hope you enjoyed being outside xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is a wonderful tag, love the lace and the pretty blooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfect name for your tag Patty as it is wonderful. I find I also struggle with names for posts and have often said to my husband as he is putting my write up onto my blog post to decide on a name. We have come up with some funny ones that needless to say don't get put up.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such an incredibly gorgeous tag! You do shabby chic and romantic so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely is a wonderful tag, Patty, so your title is very fitting! You truly make such gorgeous tags! Love the mix of flowers and trims you add, and the romantic vintage style of your designs! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a gorgeous tag, Patty! A wonderful image and lot of pretty flowers! So lovely and feminine with sweet trims, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is breathtaking! I adore the use of the wooden text, may have to grab the 'wonderful' next time I'm at Michaels now that I see you use it. The frame is amazing, and I love the little elements tucked in and around like the fancy button and the clock embellie. A beautiful card with so many beautiful details, love it!! sending hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty, what a pretty tag! I love what you do with lace and those wooden embellishments and your wonderful flower arrangement! I just used one of those wooden pieces from Michaels on a project (I always forget I have a stash of them, including the clocks!) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete